AIA Course #: HAW557
IDCEC Course #: CC-102233
Subject Code: 2. Interior Design / 2. Design Process
One Hour Course
We believe Organizational Culture is… simply the personality of a company that contributes to a company’s sense of order, continuity and community. As a whole it is the prevailing values, attitudes, beliefs, artifacts, and behaviors. By using the Competing Values Framework Methodology developed by Cameron and Quinn we will engage in activity that defines 4 culture types, helps determine your own culture and how the knowledge of these culture types can assist in communication and design.
• Acquire a high-level understanding of Organizational Culture.
• Understand how and why cultures differ with various organizations
• Demonstrate how organizational culture can inform the design of the workplace
• Discuss physical attributes of the space for both individual and group work
1. The business landscape and culture’s impact on business effectiveness – opposing tension
2. Examples of businesses that fit into the four different culture types and managing these tensions positively
3. Break out activity: Card Game Rules
4. Culture Card Game (CVF)
5. Design implications
6. Tools for assessment–moving forward in an informed manor
7. Conclusion | Question & Answer