AIA Course #: HAW563; HSW
IDCEC Course #: 100230; HSW
Subject Code: Interior Design: Space Planning (2.10)
One Hour Course
Collaboration is a rapidly rising practice in our work life but involves more than just gathering people together in the office. If not thoughtfully approached it can be difficult to experience the full value it offers. This session examines the basics of Collaboration; what it is, how it works, what influences it, the strategies of supporting it and the benefits of practicing it.
- Definition of Collaboration with an understanding of physical and social workplace implications.
- Identify types of Collaboration and the purpose they serve.
- Discuss the value that collaboration brings to business.
- Examine the different types of Collaboration and identify notable characteristics that define them.
- Examine and discuss the definition of Collaboration.
- Identify and explore the impact of several trends that influence
- Introduce and discuss how Organizational Culture supports or impedes Collaboration and highlight the business benefits of successful Collaboration practices.
- Introduce Modes of Collaboration with discussion on their attributes and design implications they present.
- Q&A Discussion.